Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.Aristotle. Ancient Greek philosopher
The above words of Aristotle told centuries ago stand extremely relevant in today’s world too. We are so busy in evaluating everybody else that we sometimes forget to peep into our own self. When its comes to knowing ourselves, we either become too arrogant or we become extra under estimator. Nobody can be the better assessor of you than you. If you know your loopholes then and only then you can eradicate it to climb a step ahead in success. Likewise, if you know your core strengths and your inner calling then you can definitely progress in your career while establishing the purpose of your life.
Psychometric Tests come out as an important tool towards self-reflection and self-analysis. They are frequently used by councilors and experts, as well as by employers and organizations for recruitment, task assignment and appraisal.
A psychometric test, is an assessment to test not only your cognitive ability but also- more importantly- your personality. Knowing your own strengths and likes is utmost important in the fast-transforming world of 21st century where un-learning & reskilling will be frequent challenges.
Psychometric Tests normally serve two purpose
- They serve as Personality & Interests tests. These tests reveal fine details about your own self; things we normally don’t reflect upon. In this form they can serve as important tools for self-reflection or Personality profiling. This is our primary goal while conducting these tests in School Management Program (SMP)
- The psychometric tests are important tools for accessing Aptitude and Abilities. In this form these tests are used employers and organizations round the world.
Psychometric Test Under SMP
Under School Mentorship Program, Vision Group of Institutions is conducting few interesting tests with the purpose of providing young children insights about their likes and strengths. The purpose is to reveal more about yourself, and to ascertain which career path suits your personality.
We would like to stress that these tests are just indicators and cannot be construed as any form of final verdict. Human mind is certainly very malleable, and extremely transformative. Nevertheless they serve as an excellent opening points towards self-reflection and understanding your personality. Again as per the ancient wisdom- the wisdom is all about knowing ourselves!
Test1- Holland Code personality test
In this test you will choose between pictures showing specific work activities. Each picture depicted work associated with a specific type of personality. These types are derived from Dr. John Holland’s theory of careers and vocational choice, known as Holland Codes.
There are six personality types in Holland’s model:
- Realistic: practical, physical, concrete, hands-on, machine, and tool-oriented
- Investigative: analytical, intellectual, scientific, explorative, thinker
- Artistic: creative, original, independent, chaotic, inventive, media, graphics, and text
- Social: cooperative, supporting, helping, healing/nurturing, teaching
- Enterprising: competitive environments, leadership, persuading, status
- Conventional: detail-oriented, organizing, clerical
Personality types and Holland Codes
Dr. Holland did not say that a person is just one of these types. Then there would be only six types of people in the world. Instead, any one person can have interests associated with all of the six types. When you rank the types, starting with those you have the most interest in to those you have the least interest in, you get your specific Holland Code.
There are some 720 different combinations possible, like ISERAC, AIRSEC, or CSERIA. Generally, however, only two or three letters are necessary to create a useful description, such as SC, IRC, or AIC.
Benefits of this test
Choosing a career or education program that fits your Holland personality is a vital step toward career well-being and success–job satisfaction, good grades, and graduating on time.
The Holland theory is the best known and most widely researched theory on this topic. It is widely used by professionals. Understanding the theory and using an accurate Holland assessment like the one we are conducting will help you identify careers and education programs that fit who you are and put you on a path to career well-being
We will gradually add more tests under of SMP program in future.