GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an examination which opens the gateway to booming public organisations and in the field of research . GATE is an All-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones across the country by the GATE Committee comprising of faculty members from IISc, Bangalore and other seven IIT’s on behalf of the National Coordinating Board, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
Candidates are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. However, candidates are free to choose any paper according to their admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which they wish to seek admission.
With a successful attempt in GATE an aspirant can choose the most suitable option from wide range of roads to travel to his final career destination :
- Students can pursue M.Tech/M.S/ M.E/Ph.D from IISc Bangalore, IITs, NITs, IIITs and other reputed institutes.
- Students can pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE), Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management(PGDMM), Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management(PGDPM) from NITIE Mumbai.
- Several reputed Maharatna and Navratna PSUs and research organizations recruit on basis of GATE Score. i.e. IOCL, NTPC, BHEL, PGCIL, BARC, CSIR etc.
- Teaching: Professor, Asst. Professor at IITs, NITs and other reputed educational institutes.
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Junior/Senior Research Associates.
- Scientists “C” grade jobs.
- Lucrative opportunities in research & development after post-graduation.
- Multinational firms shortlist candidates on the basis of GATE score.
- Some international universities offers M.S or Ph.D programs on the basis of GATE Score.
We are going to start club activity to encourage our students. All courses of both colleges to have ‘Club Time’ in last two hours of Saturday (from 2:25 Pm-4:25Pm) to start with.
VSGI encourages its students to become actively involved in club activities. The involvement of students in these activities can help them in gaining experience in technology, teamwork, leadership, organization and so on.
All the students must do their Registration in below link.